New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
January 7, 2018
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
2. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
3. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
4. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
5. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
6. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
7. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
8. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit
The New York senator's journey from his formative years to his tragic run for president.
9. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign and how she recovered in its aftermath.
10. Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency
Corey R. Lewandowski and David N. Bossie
Insider accounts of the Republican presidential campaign and its outcome by two of its advisers.
11. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
12. Endurance: A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery
A memoir by the retired astronaut and former commander of the International Space Station.
13. Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life
Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush
How the twin daughters of former president George W. Bush grew up in the public eye.
14. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration and the writer's own journey.
15. The Magnolia Story
Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino
The couple, who star in the HGTV show
offer a look at their lives together.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the January 7, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending December 23, 2017.
Pioneer Library System
300 Norman Center Court
Norman, Oklahoma 73072