New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
August 13, 2017
1. The Late Show by Michael ConnellyRenée Ballard, a young detective with the L.A.P.D., investigates crimes against two women.
2. Camino Island by John GrishamA search for stolen rare manuscripts leads to a Florida island.
3. The Lying Game by Ruth WareFour school friends reunite as their long-held secret threatens to emerge.
4. Paradise Valley by C.J. BoxA North Dakota investigator pursues a trucker who preys on prostitutes.
5. House of Spies by Daniel SilvaGabriel Allon, the Israeli art restorer and spy, now the head of Israel's secret intelligence service, pursues an ISIS mastermind.
6. Into the Water by Paula HawkinsIn this psychological thriller by the author of The Girl on the Train, women are found drowned in a river in an English town.
7. The Painted Queen by Elizabeth Peters and Joan HessThe final adventure in the series featuring Amelia Peabody and her archaeologist husband, Radcliffe Emerson.
9. Murder Games by James Patterson and Howard RoughanAn expert on serial murder becomes involved in the hunt for a New York City killer.
10. The Identicals by Elin HilderbrandComplications in the lives of identical twins who were raised separately on Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard.
11. Use of Force by Brad ThorThe counterterrorism operative Scot Harvath is called in when a missing terrorism suspect drowns off the Italian coast.
12. Deadfall by Linda FairsteinThe Manhattan prosecutor Alexandra Cooper becomes a suspect.
14. Before We Were Yours by Lisa WingateA prominent South Carolina lawyer, researching her grandmother's past, learns about a real-life Tennessee orphanage that kidnapped children and placed them for adoption with wealthy people.
15. The Breakdown by B.A. ParisIn this psychological thriller, a woman is plagued by guilt over not having stopped to help a driver who turns out to have been murdered, and by fear of early-onset dementia.
|Pioneer Library System|
2557 State Rte 21
Canandaigua, New York 14424