New York Times Hardcover Fiction Bestsellers
September 17, 2017
1. Glass Houses by Louise PennyWhen a body is discovered in Three Pines, Chief Superintendent Gamache regrets not acting on a hunch.
2. Y Is For Yesterday by Sue GraftonThe 25th Kinsey Millhone mystery novel. A former student from an elite private school is released from prison and a sociopath returns to haunt the detective.
3. The Right Time by Danielle SteelThe author Alexandra Winslow, writing under the pseudonym Alexander Green, creates a double life that isolates her.
4. The Store by James Patterson and Richard DiLalloTwo New York writers go undercover to expose the secrets of a powerful retailer.
5. Camino Island by John GrishamA search for stolen rare manuscripts leads to a Florida island.
6. My Absolute Darling by Gabriel TallentA remarkably self-sufficient 14-year-old girl must fight to save herself from her abusive survivalist father.
7. Seeing Red by Sandra BrownThe TV journalist Kerra Bailey and former federal agent John Trapper join forces to expose a web of conspiracy behind a hote bombing in Dallas.
8. The Late Show by Michael ConnellyRenée Ballard, a young detective with the L.A.P.D., investigates crimes against two women.
10. Phasma by Delilah S. DawsonCaptain Phasma, officer of the First Order, battles a mysterious stormtrooper who is bent on unearthing her origins.
11. The Lying Game by Ruth WareFour school friends reunite as their long-held secret threatens to emerge.
12. Any Dream Will Do by Debbie MacomberAs Shay Benson begins her life anew, building a relationship with Pastor Drew Douglas, her brother's return threatens to undo it.
13. Before We Were Yours by Lisa WingateA South Carolina lawyer, researching her grandmother's past, learns about a Tennessee orphanage that kidnapped children and placed them for adoption with wealthy people.
14. Into The Water by Paula HawkinsIn this psychological thriller by the author of The Girl on the Train, women are found drowned in a river in an English town.
15. The Burning Girl by Claire MessudAn intense friendship between Julia and Cassie is disrupted when they enter adolescence and Cassie's life unravels.
|Lansing Public Library|
2750 Indiana Avenue
Lansing, IL 60438