New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
May 6, 2018
1. A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
The former F.B.I. director recounts cases and personal events that shaped his outlook on justice, and analyzes the leadership styles of three presidents
2. Fascism: A Warning
Madeleine Albright with Bill Woodward
The former secretary of state examines the legacy of fascism in the 20th century and its potential revival.
3. Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin's War on America and the Election of Donald Trump
Michael Isikoff and David Corn
Details of the 2016 presidential election, with an emphasis on Russia's possible involvement.
4. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
5. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
6. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
7. I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer
The late true-crime journalist's search for the serial murderer and rapist known as "the Golden State Killer."
8. God Save Texas: A Journey into the Soul of the Lone Star State
An exploration of the history, politics and economics of the Lone Star State.
9. Make Trouble: Standing Up, Speaking Out, and Finding the Courage to Lead
Cecile Richards with Lauren Peterson
A memoir by the president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and former labor organizer.
10. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
11. Secret Empires
The author of
describes what some politicians might do to enrich themselves while in office.
12. Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World--and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund
A look at our biases and the argument for why the world is in a better state than we might think.
13. This Is Me: Loving the Person You Are Today
A star of
This Is Us
describes her journey toward self-acceptance.
14. Our 50-State Border Crisis: How the Mexican Border Fuels the Drug Epidemic Across America
Howard G. Buffett
An Illinois sheriff describes the close connection he sees between national security and the opioid crisis.
15. Killing the Deep State: The Fight to Save President Trump
Jerome R. Corsi
The conservative commentator describes a secret conspiracy to undermine the Trump presidency. From the author of
The Obama Nation.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the May 6, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 21, 2018.
Contra Costa County Library
777 Arnold Drive, Suite 210 | Martinez, California 94553 | 800-984-4636