New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
December 17, 2017
1. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
3. Obama: An Intimate Portrait: The Historic Presidency in Photographs
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
4. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
5. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
6. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
7. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
8. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit
The New York senator's journey from his formative years to his tragic run for president.
9. Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life
Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush
How the twin daughters of former president George W. Bush grew up in the public eye.
10. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign and how she recovered in its aftermath.
11. Endurance: A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery
A memoir by the retired astronaut and former commander of the International Space Station.
12. What Unites Us: Reflections on Patriotism
Dan Rather and Elliot Kirschner
A collection of essays that define the historical changes and essential institutions of America to suggest ways to overcome divisions within the country.
13. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
14. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration and the writer's own journey.
15. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the December 17, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending December 2, 2017.
Contra Costa County Library
777 Arnold Drive, Suite 210 | Martinez, California 94553 | 800-984-4636