New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 10, 2019
The multi-award-winning solo artist's first autobiography chronicles his career, relationships and private struggles.
2. Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy To Protect Predators
The Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter details some surveillance and intimidation tactics used to pressure journalists and elude consequences by certain wealthy and connected men.
3. Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse
The multi-award-winning actor satirizes the Trump administration with a collection of poems and illustrations.
4. Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth
The MSNBC host argues that the global oil and gas industry has weakened democracies and bolstered authoritarians.
5. Three Days at the Brink : FDR's Daring Gamble to Win World War II
Bret Baier with Catherine Whitney
The Fox News host describes a meeting between Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin in Tehran during World War II.
6. Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
7. Permanent Record
A memoir by the former National Security Agency contractor who exposed the government's mass surveillance program.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
9. The Way I Heard It
The television personality relays stories from his podcast and personal anecdotes.
10. Touched by the Sun: My Friendship With Jackie
The singer and songwriter describes her friendship with Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.
11. The Body: A Guide for Occupants
An owner's manual of the human body covering various parts, functions and what happens when things go wrong.
12. The United States of Trump: How the President Really Sees America
The conservative commentator weaves interviews and personal history to portray the power and influence of the 45th president.
13. Trump Vs. China: Facing America's Greatest Threat
The former speaker of the House gives his take on the potential threat posed by the Chinese Communist Party.
14. The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
Profiles of women from around the world who have blazed trails and challenged the status quo.
15. Do You Mind if I Cancel?: (Things That Still Annoy Me)
Comedic essays on everyday life by a writer and producer for television.
20© 2019 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 10, 2019 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending October 26, 2019.
Contra Costa County Library
777 Arnold Drive, Suite 210 | Martinez, California 94553 | 800-984-4636