New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
April 23, 2017
1. Old School: Life in the Sane Lane
Bill O'Reilly and Bruce Feirstein
A defense of "old school" traditional values versus "snowflakes."
2. Hallelujah Anyway: Rediscovering Mercy
The importance of mercy in our lives.
3. The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince
A reminiscence by Prince's first wife.
4. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
A Yale Law School graduate looks at the struggles of America's white working class through his own childhood.
5. Nevertheless: A Memoir
A memoir by the actor.
Chipper Jones with Carroll Rogers Walton
Recollections of a 19-year career with the Atlanta Braves by the eight-time All-Star switch hitter.
7. Killing the Rising Sun: How America Vanquished World War II Japan
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The host of
The O'Reilly Factor
recounts the final years of World War II.
8. Prince Charles: The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life
Sally Bedell Smith
A life of the heir to the British throne, by the author of biographies of Queen Elizabeth II and Diana, Princess of Wales.
9. The Magnolia Story
Chip Gaines and Joanna Gaines with Mark Dagostino
The lives of the couple who star in the HGTV show
Crazy Is My Superpower: How I Triumphed by Breaking Bones, Breaking Hearts, and Breaking the Rules
A.J. Mendez Brooks
The recently retired W.W.E. star discusses her difficult childhood and her pursuit of her career.
11. When Breath Becomes Air
A memoir by a physician who received a diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 36.
12. Big Agenda: President Trump's Plan to Save America
A battle plan for the Trump White House.
13. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu with Douglas Abrams
Two spiritual leaders discuss how to find joy in the face of suffering.
14. A Colony in a Nation
The MNSBC host discusses race relations with a focus on the differences in policing in the white nation and its black colony.
15. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit
The story of a hermit who lived by stealing food in the Maine woods for 27 years until caught in 2013.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the April 23, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending April 8, 2017.
270 Main Street
Biddeford ME 04005
207 284 4181