New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
November 17, 2019
1. The Beautiful Ones
A memoir by the musician written before his death, with photos and other memorabilia detailing his evolution.
The multi-award-winning solo artist's first autobiography chronicles his career, relationships and private struggles.
3. Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth
The MSNBC host argues that the global oil and gas industry has weakened democracies and bolstered authoritarians.
4. Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse
The multi-award-winning actor satirizes the Trump administration with a collection of poems and illustrations.
5. Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy To Protect Predators
The Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter details some surveillance and intimidation tactics used to pressure journalists and elude consequences by certain wealthy and connected men.
6. Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don't Know
Famous examples of miscommunication serve as the backdrop to explain potential conflicts and misunderstandings.
7. The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History
A narrative is depicted from the perspective of Representative Devin Nunes.
8. Three Days at the Brink : FDR's Daring Gamble to Win World War II
Bret Baier with Catherine Whitney
The Fox News host describes a meeting between Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill and Joseph Stalin in Tehran during World War II.
The daughter of survivalists, who is kept out of school, educates herself enough to leave home for university.
10. Permanent Record
A memoir by the former National Security Agency contractor who exposed the government's mass surveillance program.
11. The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton
Profiles of women from around the world who have blazed trails and challenged the status quo.
12. The Body: A Guide for Occupants
An owner's manual of the human body covering various parts, functions and what happens when things go wrong.
13. Guilty by Reason of Insanity: Why the Democrats Must Not Win
The conservative commentator contends that liberals have declared a political war against the current president.
14. The United States of Trump: How the President Really Sees America
The conservative commentator weaves interviews and personal history to portray the power and influence of the 45th president.
The Pulitzer Prize-winning author chronicles the personal life, inventions and obsessions of Thomas Alva Edison.
20© 2019 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the November 17, 2019 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 2, 2019.
Bozeman Public Library
626 E. Main St.
Bozeman, Montana 59715