New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
January 17, 2021
1. A Promised Land
In the first volume of his presidential memoirs, Barack Obama offers personal reflections on his formative years and pivotal moments through his first term.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over the last 35 years.
The activist and public speaker describes her journey of listening to her inner voice.
4. Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents
The Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist examines aspects of caste systems across civilizations and reveals a rigid hierarchy in America today.
The former first lady describes how she balanced work, family and her husband's political ascent.
6. World of Wonders : In Praise of Fireflies, Whale Sharks, and Other Astonishments
In a collection of essays, the poet celebrates various aspects of the natural world and its inhabitants.
7. The Splendid and the Vile: A Saga of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz
An examination of the leadership of the prime minister Winston Churchill.
8. Bag Man: The Wild Crimes, Audacious Cover-Up, & Spectacular Downfall of a Brazen Crook in the White House
Rachel Maddow and Michael Yarvitz
The MSNBC host gives an account of the 1973 investigation of then Vice President Spiro T. Agnew and its impact on politics and the media.
9. Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
A re-examination of a basic biological function and a look at the science behind ancient breathing practices.
Photos and stories of people from over 40 countries collected by the creator of
Humans of New York.
11. Uncomfortable Conversations With a Black Man
A look at some questions and concepts needed to address systemic racism.
12. Is This Anything?
The comedian shares material he collected in an accordion folder over the last 45 years.
13. Wintering: The Power of Rest and Retreat in Difficult Times
Personal reflections on the potential benefits of embracing and living through painful times of isolation.
14. The Last Days of John Lennon
James Patterson with Casey Sherman and Dave Wedge
The story of the killing of the former member of the Beatles by Mark David Chapman in 1980 and interviews with some of Lennon's friends and associates.
15. The Answer Is...: Reflections on My Life
A memoir by the host of the TV game show
, from 1984 to 2020.
© 2021 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the January 17, 2021 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending January 2, 2021.
Baright Public Library
5555 South 77th St., Ralston, NE 68127
(402) 331-7636 |