New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
June 26, 2022
1. James Patterson: The Stories of My Life.
The author's life, from growing up in small-town New York to working in the advertising industry to becoming a successful storyteller.
2. Killing the Killers: The Secret War Against Terrorists
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
The 11th book in the conservative commentator's Killing series gives an account of the global war against terrorists.
The humorist portrays personal and public upheavals of his life in its seventh decade and the world in the time of a pandemic.
4. Finding Me
The multiple award-winning actress describes the difficulties she encountered before claiming her sense of self and achieving professional success.
5. Battling the Big Lie: How Fox, Facebook, and the MAGA Media Are Destroying America
The cohost of
Pod Save America
and former White House director of communications gives his take on the right-wing media apparatus.
6. The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor -- the Truth and the Turmoil
This follow-up to
The Diana Chronicles
details how the royal family reinvented itself after the death of Princess Diana.
7. Scars and Stripes: An Unapologetically American Story of Fighting the Taliban, UFC Warriors, and Myself
Tim Kennedy and Nick Palmisciano
The Green Beret and former mixed martial arts fighter describes how his failures shaped who he is today.
8. Here's the Deal: A Memoir
The former senior counselor in President Trump's White House gives her account of her time in politics.
The Academy Award-winning actor shares snippets from the diaries he kept over the last 35 years.
10. Crying in H Mart: A Memoir
The daughter of a Korean mother and Jewish-American father, and leader of the indie rock project Japanese Breakfast, describes creating her own identity after losing her mother to cancer.
11. The Pope at War: The Secret History of Pius XII, Mussolini, and Hitler
David I. Kertzer
A depiction of Pope Pius XII's actions during World War II and why he bent to the wills of Hitler and Mussolini.
12. River of the Gods: Genius, Courage, and Betrayal in the Search for the Source of the Nile
The story of the hardships encountered during 19th-century expeditions in Africa, and the complicated partnerships behind them.
13. The Facemaker: A Visionary Surgeon's Battle to Mend the Disfigured Soldiers of World War I
How the modern era of plastic surgery was ushered in by the work of a surgeon repairing the faces of World War I soldiers.
14. The Office BFFs: Tales of The Office from Two Best Friends Who Were There
Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey
Two stars of
celebrate the comedy series and their friendship.
15. Phil: The Rip-Roaring (and Unauthorized!) Biography of Golf's Most Colorful Superstar
An unauthorized biography of the golf champion Phil Mickelson.
©2022 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the June 26, 2022 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending June 11, 2022.
McFarland E.D. Locke Public Library
5920 Milwaukee St.
McFarland, Wisconsin 53558