New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
January 28, 2018
1. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House
A journalist offers an inside account of the first year of the Trump White House.
2. When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
Daniel H. Pink
Research from several fields reveals the ideal time to make small decisions and big life changes.
3. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
4. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
5. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles, exacting revenge on an ex-boyfriend and finding success after a period of homelessness.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
7. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
8. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
9. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
J. D. Vance
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
10. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
11. Tell Me More
A dozen essays based on short phrases that have defined some of the memoir writer's close relationships.
12. When Breath Becomes Air
A memoir by a physician who received a diagnosis of Stage IV lung cancer at the age of 36.
13. Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency
Corey R. Lewandowski and David N. Bossie
Insider accounts of the Republican presidential campaign and its outcome by two of its advisors.
14. The Road Not Taken: Edward Lansdale and the American Tragedy in Vietnam
A re-examination of the covert operative Edward Lansdale and America's involvement in Vietnam, based on declassified documents and hidden letters.
15. The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump: 27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President
Bandy X. Lee
27 psychiatrists and mental health experts give their assessments of the president.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the January 28, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending January 13, 2018.
Mid-Hudson Library System
103 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601