New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
December 3, 2017
1. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
2. Obama: An Intimate Portrait: The Historic Presidency in Photographs
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
3. Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
4. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit
The New York senator's journey from his formative years to his tragic run for president.
5. Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-Ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in the White House
An account of the Russian hacking of the Democratic National Committee and the fights within the party during the 2016 campaign.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
7. Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life
Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush
How the twin daughters of former president George W. Bush grew up in the public eye.
8. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
9. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
10. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign and how she recovered in its aftermath.
11. God, Faith, and Reason
The conservative radio host shares moments when he has experienced glimpses of the divine.
12. What Unites Us: Reflections on Patriotism
Dan Rather and Elliot Kirschner
A collection of essays that define the historical changes and essential institutions of America to suggest ways to overcome divisions within the country.
13. Endurance: A Year in Space, a Lifetime of Discovery
A memoir by the retired astronaut and former commander of the International Space Station.
14. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
15. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration and the writer's own journey.
© 2017 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the December 3, 2017 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending November 18, 2017.
Mid-Hudson Library System
103 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601