New York Times
Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
October 14, 2018
1. Fear: Trump in the White House
Base on hours of interviews with sources, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist describes debates and decision-making within the Trump White House.
2. In Pieces
A memoir by the two-time Academy Award and three-time Emmy Award winner.
3. The Dichotomy of Leadership: Balancing the Challenges of Extreme Ownership to Lead and Win
Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
Using combat and training experiences, former Navy SEALs explain some opposing forces in leading others.
4. Leadership: In Turbulent Times
Doris Kearns Goodwin
The challenges that shaped the leadership abilities of four presidnets: Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevielt and Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. These Truths: A History of the United States
An investigation of truth in America traced through its intertwining histories of politics, law, technology and journalism.
6. Educated: A Memoir
The daughter of survivalists leaves home for university.
7. 21 Lessons for the 21st Century
Yuval Noah Harari
Technological, political and social issues in the modern era, and the choices individuals might consider in facing them.
8. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
9. How to Be a Good Creature: A Memoir in Thirteen Animals
Sy Montgomery. Illustrated by Rebecca Green
The naturalist's memoir covering lessons of empathy, gratitude and loss she learned while studying 13 animals.
10. Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time
A biography of the head coach of the New England Patriots who led the team to five Super Bowl championship victories.
11. The Deep State: How an Army of Bureaucrats Protected Barack Obama and Is Working to Destroy the Trump Agenda
The former Republican congressman alleges that parts of the federal bureaucracy try to undermine President Trump.
12. The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump
The Fox News analyst makes his case against the F.B.I. investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
13. Liars, Leakers, and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy
The legal analyst and Fox News host argues in favor of President Trump.
14. Accessory to War: The Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and the Military
Neil deGrasse Tyson and Avis Lang
Observations of the two-way relationship between science and military power.
15. American Like Me: Reflections on Life Between Cultures
America Ferrera with E. Cayce Dumont
Stories of citizens from different walks of life who have connections to more than one culture.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the October 14, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending September 29, 2018.
472 Route 403
(Corner of Rt
ew York 10524