New York Times Hardcover Nonfiction Bestsellers
January 14, 2018
Section Header Text
1.Leonardo Da Vinci
A biography of the Italian Renaissance polymath which connects his work in various disciplines.
A biography of the Union general of the Civil War and two-term president of the United States.
3. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
Neil deGrasse Tyson
A straightforward, easy-to-understand introduction to the universe.
4. Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle that Shaped America's Destiny
Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger
Major General Jackson takes on the British in Louisiana.
5. Obama: An Intimate Portrait
More than 300 pictures of the former president by his White House photographer, with behind-the-scenes stories.
6. Killing England: The Brutal Struggle for American Independence
Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard
Major events and battles during the Revolutionary War are told from several perspectives.
7. Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose
The former vice president recalls his toughest year in office, as his son battled brain cancer.
8. Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency
Corey R. Lewandowski and David N. Bossie
Insider accounts of the Republican presidential campaign and its outcome by two of its advisors.
9. Bobby Kennedy: A Raging Spirit
The New York senator's journey from his formative years to his tragic run for president.
10. Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI
The story of a murder spree in 1920s Oklahoma that targeted Osage Indians.
11. The Last Black Unicorn
The comedian recounts growing up in South Central Los Angeles, exacting revenge on an ex-boyfriend and finding success after a period of homelessness.
12. What Happened
Hillary Rodham Clinton
An inside look at her campaign and how she recovered in its aftermath.
13. We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy
A series of essays that cover each year of the Obama administration and the writer's own journey.
14. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
J. D. Vance
A Yale Law School graduate examines white working class struggles.
15. We're Going to Need More Wine: Stories that are Funny, Complicated, and True
Essays by the actress and activist on love, step-parenting and living beyond personal tragedy.
© 2018 All rights reserved by New York Times Syndication Sales Corp. This material may not be published, broadcast or redistributed in any manner.
A version of this list appears in the January 14, 2018 issue of The New York Times Book Review. Rankings reflect sales for the week ending December 30, 2017.
Downers Grove Public Library
1050 Curtiss St.
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515